Sunday, January 1, 2012

Day 6: Christmas Treeblinka Eve

Folks--just came back from Christmas Treeblinka out there, aka Day 7, which means this is not the time to be more than a day behind in my work. Therefore, I'm going to do something I never thought I'd do, which is post pictures to the internet without the kind of extensive, remonstrative commentary that the internet is sorely in need of. But what can you do; I've fallen behind, I've had too much to drink this past week, and I'm sitting on my chaise (pronounced: shez) right now with a bellyful of beef heard and guacamole. And red wine, too, so yeah, not really doing so well on the drinking cessation front.

Without further ado (but with captions):
Victim #33. 7th Ave., between Judah and
Kirkham, aka, one brief wreath fling from my
apartment. Always a little disturbing when
one realizes that Santa's murderously
maraudive behavior took place right in one's
backyard.

Victim #32. Somewhere in Oakland. A small
garbage bag over his head that quite frankly
makes it look like he just escaped from Abu
Ghraib. I knew I got out of Oakland for a
reason.



Victim #34. 8th Ave. and Judah. Looks like someone was kind enough to
leave a bed for the dying tree to rest on except it looks like someone's in the
process of taking even that one small succor away from him.
Victims # 35 and 36. 8th Ave. and Judah (yes right across the street from
Victim #34; it's like it's fuckin East Oakland out there). Fully body bag and a
mini-tree addendum. I wonder if they midget-tossed the little one on top
just for kicks.
Victim #37. 8th Ave. between Irving and Lincoln.
A closer look at Victim #37. See how they threw out the stand and the plastic
tub (the plastic tub that held the water they saw fit to feed it when they
pretended to care one iota for its comfort and well being)? "Ah, just get this thing
away from me as fast as you can!" Monsters.
Victim #38. 8th Ave. between Judah and Irving. What'd I say about 8th Ave.
Tree East Oakand.
Victim #39. 10th Ave. between Irving and Lincoln. Just a baby, but do you think
Santa cared when he took her life?

Victim #40. "Inner Sunset somewhere." Standard dead tree that has of course
become so standard at this time of year that we all just walk right on by, with nary
 a second thought, with nary a second glance, with nary a first shed tear for their
sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment